Thursday, May 27, 2010

How Can I Make Clogs and Tulips Better for You?

It's so cliche that it makes me cringe, but I'm going to say it anyway: This blog would be nothing without you. Yes, YOU! The one sitting behind your computer. Without you, there's no point in me even writing this blog. Without your comments and experience and feedback, this blog would have no purpose, no backbone. Your feedback, comments and questions give me the inspiration to write and the topics to write about. For all of that, I thank you.

The expat community is a very strong, caring, and tight one and within that is a very informative, lively, and interesting blogging community full of some amazing people. It is awesome to be a part of that.

My goal with this blog is to inform and create a community. But in order to do that, I need your help. This is your change to let me know what I can do for you. Please take a few minutes to consider the following and let me know in a comment or via email what you think (and be honest!).

Design - Does this design work for you as a reader? Is there something I can include in a sidebar or one of the pages that would be helpful to readers? Perhaps you think the site is too 'busy' (too much crowding)? Does the way everything is set up and organized make sense to you?

Topics - Is there a topic you would like to see covered? Do you have a question that you would like answered or perhaps there is something you would like to know more about? Are there any topics previously discussed that you would like to read more about? Would you like to see more in the way of guest posts and interviews? Is there a particular post or series on this blog that stands out to you?

And, lastly, what does Clogs and Tulips: An American in Holland mean to you?

While I'm on the subject of surveys, here's the 2010 HSBC Bank International expat survey.
"HSBC Bank International sponsored the world's largest expat survey in 2009, with people taking part from all over the globe. This year, we are keen to gather an even larger number of responses to understand more about your life as an expat. We would love you to share your experience and opinions. It will only take 10 to 15 minutes to complete this survey. We would also like to include as many countries as possible so please share this link with all of your expat friends and make sure your country doesn't miss out!"
To read more, check out Expatica. I've already done mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment